Metallurgical Laboratory and Pilot Plant Facilities
Bench scale flotation testwork
Maelgwyn Mineral Services and its associates have extensive laboratory and pilot plant facilities in Cardiff, UK and Johannesburg, South Africa. In addition MMS has a range of pilot and industrial size equipment available for on site testing world-wide.
MMS Africa has extensive metallurgical laboratory and pilot plant facilities in Roodepoort that has the capabilities to undertake:
- Laboratory flotation tests
- Imhoflot pneumatic flotation pilot work
- Leachox laboratory and pilot work including ultra fine grinding
- CN-D cyanide destruction testwork
- Conventional gold leaching testwork
The upgraded metallurgical laboratory facilities to include:
- Jaw Crushing
- Cone crushing
- Ultra Fine Grinding
- Bench scale flotation
- Bulk flotation
- Flotation pilot plants
- Aachen Reactor simulation
- Aachen Reactor Modelling
- Cyanide Destruction Tests
- Leachox tests
- Testwork for determining cyanide consumers (in collaboration with speciation tests performed by Mintek)
- Oxygen Demand Tests in collaboration with Mintek
This enables MMSA to handle testwork from the drill core or rock stage to completion.
MMS in Cardiff utilizes the facilities of Cardiff University’s CLEER laboratories in the Engineering Faculty. MMS is partnering a Knowledge Transfer Programme with the university and using the facilities to undertake fundamental research into MMS’s various processes. In parallel MMS can undertake commercial client laboratory and pilot work on customers projects relating to pneumatic flotation, Leachox gold recovery (including ultra fine grinding work) and cyanide destruction of the products.
MMS has a range of pilot plant equipment for on-site testing at existing mine sites including large and small scale industrial size Imhoflot G-Cell plants and pilot plant equipment to evaluate gold leaching characteristics.