- Aachen Reactor Development Paper at Precious Metals 15 Conference in Cornwall - May 2015
- First permanent installation of G-cells in South Africa - January 2015
- Largest Copper Flotation Plant delivered - November 2013
- More Potash Cell Sales - February 2013
- More Imhoflot Sales Success for MMS in Belarus- January 2013
- MMS Portable Laboratory Traveller Cell Sales Growing Rapidly
- Maelgwyn Minerals Expands Further in South America
- More Imhoflot G-Cells for Dorfner
- New General Manager Position for Maelgwyn Mineral Services Africa
- New Imhoflot G-Cell G28 for Votorantim Metals in Brazil
- Cyanide Destruction Expert Joins Maelgwyn Minerals
- MMS G-Cell Pilot Plant Successfully Recovers Nickel Fines
- Maelgwyn at GDMB Flotation Workshop-Spain
- Maelgwyn Minerals Services (MMS) Conference
- TŶ Maelgwyn - New Headquarters for MMS
- Maelgwyn CN-D™ Cyanide Destruction Process for West Africa
- Precious Metals 10 Conference in Cornwall
- MMS Refractory Gold Process to be used at Banro's Twangiza Project in the DRC
- Maelgwyn Minerals Expands Further into Australia
- Maelgwyn at World Gold Conference 2009 - South Africa
- Maelgwyn at Flotation 09 South Africa
- Official Opening of Maelgwyn Africa New Offices and Test work Facility - November 2009
- Maelgwyn Mineral Services Africa Supply Aachen Reactor™ Technology to West Africa - June 2009
- Maelgwyn Mineral Services Africa Develops Strategic Alliance with Air Liquide for Africa - April 2009
- Knowledge Transfer Partnership (KTP) - March 2009
- Maelgwyn Mineral Services Internal Conference, Franschoek, South Africa - February 2009
- MMS Licences its Leachox™ Refractory Gold Process to Vasilkovskoye Gold Mine in Kazakhstan - January 2009
- Molybdenum Flotation at Los Pelambres Contract - September 2008
- Three Stage Imhoflot G-Cell Pilot Plant for Zinc Flotation in Brazil - July 2008
- Belaruskali - More Imhoflot Pneumatic Flotation Installed - May 2008
- Dr Arun Vathavooran joins MMS - May 2007
- MMS Represents LIMN – The Flowsheet Processor - April 2007
- IMHOFLOT G-Cells for Ash Separation Plant - March 2007
- SME technical paper available for download - March 2007
- MMS successfully completes trials at Belaruskali - February 2007
First permanent installation of G-cells in South Africa
Maelgwyn Mineral Services Africa (MMSA) is pleased to announce the delivery and commissioning of 4 G-cells at the old Zincor site in Springs, South Africa. The G-cells are used for the recovery of silver from the old zinc refinery residue by EBM Project.
Extensive flotation testwork was carried out at MMSA’s commercial laboratory on samples from the tailings dam, during which the flotation conditions were optimized and the G-cell plant configuration, size and number of G-cells were determined.
The order for the cells was placed in October 2014. Fabrication took 6 weeks, with delivery of the cells to site in the first week of January 2015. Installation took 2 weeks and the plant was commissioned and in production by end January 2015.
The tailings dam assays 250 g/t Ag. The flotation plant produces a final concentrate of around 1300 g/t Ag, which is the design target. The plant consists of 4 x G22 rougher cells in series with a throughput of up to 180 m3/h.
An additional G-cell has recently been ordered by EBM Project for expansion of the operations.
Aachen Reactor Development Paper at Precious Metals 15 Conference in Cornwall
Maelgwyn General Manager Steve Flatman recently attended the Minerals Engineering International Precious Metals 15 Conference in Cornwall, UK and delivered a paper entitled “Twenty years of development to commercial demonstration of the Aachen reactor”. The paper was very well received and promoted a great deal of discussion outside of the main presentations. Essentially the paper covered the history of development of the Aachen Reactor from the very first conceptual ideas and early trials to the current design where over 40 are installed for Pre-Oxygenation applications at gold operations mainly in Africa.